Miniature World - Shanghai's 400 Years in Wonderland
Time & Location
About the Event
More than 50 Chinese masters spent two years creating over 500 miniature buildings, 10,000 figures, and 70 interactive art installations — showcasing the city’s development from 1559 to 1937. Join us as we discover Shanghai's Miniature World with Janny Chyn from Shanghai Pathways. Here is a sample of what may be covered:
· The history of the iconic Yuyuan garden
· Water transportation route at the mouth of the Yangtze River
· The battle between foreign invaders at the city’s northern gate
· Shanghai’s earliest railway station, power plants, as well as modern entertainment
· Historical landscapes such as Shiliupu Wharf, shikumen houses, Normandie Apartments, Moller Villa, Old Railway Station, and Yiyuan Dog Racecourse have been restored based on their original designs and historical documents.
The exhibition features more than 70 interactive displays including a bird’s-eye view of a wedding at Xujiahui Cathedral, a movie inside the Cathay Theater in the 1930s, peer inside the Normandie Apartments to see residents’ daily routines, depart on a classic train from the old Shanghai South Railway Station, and help put out a fire at Nanshi Fire Station.
Wednesday, August 11
10:15 AM Registration, 10:30 AM to 12 PM
RMB 150 (does NOT include ticket price listed below, we will purchase tickets day of)
RMB 60 Child Ticket (under 1.4 m)
RMB 120 Standard Ticket (above 1.4 m)
RMB 170 Family Ticket (1 adult and 1 child)
RMB 280 Family Ticket (2 adults and 1 child)
Yuyuan Shopping Center, Tianyu building
159 Jiuxiaochang Rd.
(metro line 10 to Yuyuan Garden station, exit 1)
Please complete the online registration by August 8. The event costs must be paid in cash only. SEA coordinator is Jennifer Anderson, WeChat: JenAShanghai.
If you are unable to attend the event after receipt of confirmation, please notify us immediately by emailing email@example.com. If it's the day of the event, please ALSO notify the coordinator listed on the event by phone, text, or WeChat.
If you need to cancel after August 8, our SEA cancellation policy applies which states you might still have to pay for your registered event, depending on the vendor. SEA will notify you to either collect or let you pay it at your next registered event.